An Indian actress, singer and philanthropist, Priyanka Chopra definitely knows how to make a statement when it comes to fashion. Never afraid to try the unexpected, there is so much style inspiration that can be found from taking a look back at some of Chopra’s best looks.
The Crisp White Power Suit
It may take quite a bit of effort to pull off the white-on-white suit, especially when it comes to ensuring that it stays white throughout the day, but this effort is most definitely worth it.
A woman in a suit immediately gives off such an empowering vibe, and this crisp whiteness of this look, as demonstrated above by Chopra, gives the power suit an element of chic.
If a full suit is too much for everyday wear for you…
Opt for a white blazer instead, pairing this with either white wide pants, shorts or a skirt.
Want to make even more of a statement?
Try adding in some bold colors in the form of accessories, as this will make the white of your suit appear even crisper and cleaner.
A vibrant belt, bag or shoes will all work, adding a whole new dimension to your outfit.
One important rule to remember when wearing a suit, especially an all-white one…
It is extremely important to ensure that the suit has been tailored to your body. This will make it so much more flattering, and will prevent it from drowning you out, especially since you are going for an all-white suit.
Going for Gold
In 2017, Priyanka Chopra attended her very first Golden Globe Awards, wearing a gold sequinned Ralph Lauren gown, complete with plunging neckline.
As always, there were those who had something negative to say, but the majority felt that Priyanka really glowed in her golden dress.
Do you wear gold often?
For most of you, your answer will be no.
Gold is a color that many tend to shy away from, not quite knowing how to style it, or whether it is appropriate for different situations.
However, not only does gold give any outfit an element of glamor and sophistication, but it is also bang on trend, giving you every reason to give this color a try.
Need something more casual than a floor-length sequinned gold gown?
Well, you don’t have to copy Priyanka Chopra exactly.
Instead, be inspired by the color, and find your own ways to work it into your wardrobe, such as:
- Gold Embellishments – whether on a jacket or a pair of shorts, gold embellishments dress up the most casual of items, but without going over-the-top with the color
- Gold Tops – depending on the style of top you choose, a gold top can work just as well for the day as it would for the night. Pair a gold top with some jeans or leggings, keeping jewellery and makeup simple
- Gold Shoes – if you don’t want to invest in gold clothing just yet, give gold shoes a try. There are so many options out there, from gold stilettos for evening use, gold ballet flats for during the day, or even gold sneakers for a luxury meets street look
The Pink Jumpsuit
Priyanka Chopra is known for her love of bold colors and jumpsuits, so it only makes perfect sense when she combines the two together.
While Chopra recently made headlines for a hot pink jumpsuit that she wore, this look, which she wore to the world premiere of her movie in Hollywood in 2013, has a much chicer element to it.
The pale pink shade of the jumpsuit beautifully complements Chopra’s skin tone, while the impeccable custom tailoring ensures that the jumpsuit closely hugs Chopra’s body, accentuating her figure.
Jumpsuits are so on trend now, making this the perfect addition to your wardrobe if you don’t already own one.
While Chopra went for a more retro vibe with this look, emphasizing this with her hair, accessories and makeup, jumpsuits come in just about every shape, size and color you could imagine.
No idea where to begin when it comes to choosing a jumpsuit?
Just like with any other item of clothing you purchase, you need to consider your body type, as well as the environment you will be wearing your jumpsuit in.
When it comes to your body type, here are some tips:
- Apple-Shaped – look for wide and loose-fitting legs that extend to your midsection, as this will lengthen your body
- Petite – look for something that can be cinched in at the waist, with fine detailing at the top. A corset-like structure, or spaghetti straps, will help to accentuate your petite shape
- Pear – a light colored top with darker bottoms will minimize your lower body and draw attention to your top half, especially when paired with a plunging neckline
- Curvy – look for a defining waistline that will accentuate your curves
One extra tip to keep in mind when trying on different jumpsuits…
Make sure that you try sitting down in them, so that you can make sure that the overall structure of the jumpsuit does not change too much, leaving you with excess material surrounding your stomach.
Think you would never wear a jumpsuit?
They can be worn for just about every occasion. Dress your jumpsuit up with heels and the right accessories, or keep it casual and relaxed with flats.
The Polished But Edgy One-Shouldered Look
The outfit that Priyanka Chopra wore to the 2016 InStyle awards garnered plenty of attention.
Because of the way in which it was so polished and put together, but still had an edgy appeal to it.
While many may think that this is a dress, it actually consists of two separate garments:
- A one-shoulder satin top from Haider Ackermann
- A fitted black skirt with an exposed zipper
To complete her look, Chopra wore Jimmy Choo shoes and Repossi jewelry.
The fact that this look consists of two separate pieces shows you just how easy it is to create multiple showstopping outfits when you own the right garments.
In this case, it is the black skirt that would be the most versatile of the two pieces.
With a black skirt such as this, you can put together so many different looks, from casual to professional to evening.
Keeping it Casual
A look worthy of a best-dressed list does not have to be a formal one…
As Priyanka Chopra demonstrates, even casual attire can really make a statement.
Chopra has always favored jeans when it comes to dressing down, and has been seen in so many different styles of denim.
Need a new pair of jeans but don’t know which style to go for?
Well, why you should pay a small amount of attention to trends, the biggest factor in your decision should be your body shape.
When it comes to denim trends…
At the moment, the hottest styles are all in a deep, structured denim, making this an easy trend to incorporate in a variety of different styles.
Here are a few tips to follow when choosing jeans to flatter your body shape:
- Hourglass – draw attention to your waist with high-rise jeans
- Athletic/ Boyish – a vintage-cut style, featuring a high rise and tapered leg, will give your body more shape
- Curvy – look for jeans with a flare, with the flare beginning above the knee if you have larger hips. A high-rise style will help to slim the stomach
- Petite – a cropped and straight fit will work well for petite frames
Just the Right Amount of Sexy
When it comes to dressing for special occasions, wearing an outfit that is just the right amount of sexy is important. Any less, and this may knock your confidence, but any more and it would be inappropriate.
This is a hard balance to pull off, but is one that Priyanka Chopra did perfectly at the 2015 TCA Summer Press Tour for Disney ABC Television Group.
The actress stunned the crowd in a green dress from Cushnie et Ochs, featuring a deep plunging neckline and a high slit up one side.
Now, this dress is a tricky one…
When styled incorrectly, it can easily look over-the-top.
However, there are a couple of ways in which Priyanka toned it down a bit…
The first was by her use of minimal accessories. With just some long finger rings, along with a pair of metallic heels from Giuseppe Zanotti, the actress left her neck, ears and wrists bare.
She also kept her hair and makeup relatively simple, with a side ponytail along with a dark green smoky eye. Lips were kept nude to downplay this look even further.
This is a great example of how your hair, makeup and accessories can really influence your final look.
If you ever feel you may be wearing an outfit that could be too sexy, tone it down a bit with the rest of your look.
Lady in Red
At the Emmy’s 2016, Priyanka Chopra was one of the best-dressed, and it is easy to see why.
With a one-shoulder red chiffon floor-length dress, Priyanka really stole the show.
As you may have noticed, the one-shoulder style is something that Priyanka tends to favor…
While this style may initially remind many of the 80’s, there are so many updated, modern one-shoulder tops out there, making this a style worth considering.
The Updated Little Black Dress
Every woman needs a Little Black Dress in her wardrobe, and if you have been feeling slightly bored of your go-to version, take some inspiration from Priyanka Chopra and opt for something a little different.
Yes, a Little Black Dress should be versatile, and the dress pictured above may not be quite so. But still, a dress with a little bit of edge and sexiness to it is never a bad thing.
Don’t know where to start looking when it comes to searching for a new Little Black Dress?
Here’s some inspiration:
- The off-shoulder velvet dress from Emilio De La Morena
- The asymmetrical tulle-trimmed stretchy silk dress from Altuzarra
- The black midi dress with a voluminous skirt from Simone Rocha
- The A-line mini dress from Urban Outfitters
- The asymmetrical cocktail dress from YSL
Don’t forget, you can style a Little Black Dress in so many ways…
Try dressing it down with sneakers or boots, or add a bit of elegance with some delicate heels and a small amount of jewellery. If you want to go all out, pair your dress with statement accessories and opulent heels.
It’s All About Transparency
Transparency is something else that is really on trend right now, and, when done right, can really add an alluring touch to an outfit.
This Blumarine dress worn by Priyanka Chopra in 2015 is the perfect example of how transparency can transform a dress.
As you can probably imagine, this trend is not an easy one to pull off…
There are a few rules to keep in mind when it comes to transparent clothing, in order to avoid overexposure:
- Make sure that you are wearing maximum-coverage lingerie
- Layer the transparent item of clothing either over or under something more opaque. For example, a transparent shirt over a bralet, or a sheer skirt over some jeans
- Loose-fitting tops always work well when made in a sheer fabric, giving the slouchy silhouette a much sexier edge
If you don’t like the idea of transparent clothing but still want to give the trend a try, opt for transparent accessories, such as shoes or a bag.
Priyanka Chopra really raises the bar when it comes to fashion, making it no surprise that many would consider her to be a major style icon. While the beautiful designer dresses do help, it is also Priyanka’s personality and individual character that shines through in her outfits, giving them a one-of-a-kind appeal.